Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Considered, But Not Chosen

So, today we received another of the dreaded emails.  We were being considered for another sibling group of three.  Two girls, one boy.  We were considered, but not chosen.  This is not the first time this has been the case for us.  Each time, a little bit of my heart breaks.  Each time, I become sad and frustrated.  Each time, I know God's timing and plan is perfect for our family.

As a Christian, I am an adopted heir of God.  I was not just considered...I was CHOSEN!  It is still amazing to me that a holy, righteous, perfect God would chose to call me His own.  He is my Father, my friend, my defender, my shelter, giver of life, giver of every perfect gift!  I know that He has picked the perfect path for our family.  We must wait on His timing, continue to pray, and follow His leading.  These are the things I strive for on a daily basis.

So, having not been chosen for this group of siblings, we will continue to wait on God and prepare our home and our hearts for our future children.  While it is disappointing to not be chosen, I can't help but think of the families that have got THE calls on these sibling groups.  How excited and nervous they must be!  I pray that God will be glorified and the paths to family unity will be smooth for these precious little ones.

Our choir sang a song not too long ago called God You Are God and the first verse comes to mind through this journey:

I will wait and be still
Knowing you're in control
Restlessness leave this heart
This heart that's held strong in it's weakness.

I am called to wait and be still...to know He is God and He is in control.  My heart is restless and anxious.  However, in my weakest moments, God holds my heart...He is strong when I am weak.  I have a called heart.  It is called to adoption.  When God calls you to something He will ALWAYS walk with you and equip you for the call.  He is faithful.  He is an on-time God!  Every day we wait, He further equips us for the fulfillment of our calling!

I can hardly wait to see what God is going to do :)

Still seeking Him,

Noel

3 comments:

  1. Excited for you. I hope that one day we can adopt as well. the song On Time God has been in my head all day. God is always on time!! praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz :). We appreciate the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and Robert! If Good gives you the desire, He will place it in you're life! love y'all!

    ReplyDelete